Marketing and Social Media Internship
Coastal Risk Consulting, LLC (CRC), is a Southeast Florida-based, geospatial data and analytics startup. CRC is the only provider of online, Software as a Service (SaaS), comprehensive, coastal climate impact assessments to individuals, businesses and governments in the US and internationally. We began business in 2015 with three world-class scientists and university professors, who believed that cloud-based, climate impact risk analysis was required to help a billion coastal residents around the world get climate ready and storm safe. We are now an emerging major player in the climate adaptation tech and climate adaptation consulting industries. Coastal Risk is pioneering a new model for providing effective, relevant, and forward-thinking climate impact risk consulting for its clients. CRC is located in Plantation, FL, which is convenient to all major airport hubs in SE Florida. In 2016, CRC was awarded two, American Business Awards (“Stevies”), Silver for the Best Business Services Start-Up and Bronze in the Best Tech Start-Up category.
The Marketing and Social Media Intern will be a creative and self-driven team player ready for an incredible opportunity to hone your marketing and social media skills with a startup company. Are you passionate about the environment and spreading awareness? Are you interested in start-up culture and creating impact in an organization? If so, Coastal Risk Consulting is looking for hardworking, creative, passionate people like YOU!
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manage and grow Coastal Risk's social media accounts- including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Post relevant industry news articles, press releases, and company advertisements daily
- Create a newsletter e-mail campaign to be sent out on a regular basis to subscribers
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Enrolled in a university working towards BA/BS degree
- Degree in Business/Environmental Studies/Geography is a plus
- Must have experience working with Social Media
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be well organized, highly motivated, and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Passion for climate action, sustainability, and environmental studies is a plus
Coastal Risk Consulting is based in Plantation, FL.
Part-time or full-time for summer 2017. This is a non-paid position that can be arranged for internship course credit. Work can be done remotely after required onsite training.
To Apply -
Please email your resume and a brief cover letter specifying your availability, with the subject "Marketing Intern" to: