GIS Analyst/Staff Scientist
Coastal Risk Consulting, LLC (CRC), is a Southeast Florida-based, geospatial data and analytics startup. CRC is the only provider of online, Software as a Service (SaaS), comprehensive, coastal climate impact assessments to individuals, businesses and governments in the US and internationally. We began business in 2015 with three world-class scientists and university professors, who believed that cloud-based, climate impact risk analysis was required to help a billion coastal residents around the world get climate ready and storm safe. We are now an emerging major player in the climate adaptation tech and climate adaptation consulting industries. Coastal Risk is pioneering a new model for providing effective, relevant, and forward-thinking climate impact risk consulting for its clients. CRC is located in Plantation, FL, which is convenient to all major airport hubs in SE Florida. In 2016, CRC was awarded two, American Business Awards (“Stevies”), Silver for the Best Business Services Start-Up and Bronze in the Best Tech Start-Up category.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepare flood risk reports for Coastal Risk’s clients including the FIRST Score® and Coastal Risk Rapid AssessmentTM reports
- Provide geospatial technical assistance for a wide variety of projects including vulnerability assessments for local governments and businesses
- Prepare high resolution maps, including elevation maps using LiDAR data
- Perform research for consulting projects
- Provide written reports on geospatial analyses
- BS degree in Environmental Studies, Geology, Marine Science, Engineering, Earth Science, Physical Science or a related field
- Experience using ESRI ArcGIS or other related software
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and handle a variety of responsibilities
- Ability to work both independently and in a small team environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be well organized and highly motivated, with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with management, colleagues, and external partners
- Master’s degree in Coastal Management, Environmental Studies, GIS, Geology or a related field and 1+ years related experience
- Knowledge of adaptation and sea level rise modeling
- Experience working with state and federal agencies, academia, or non-governmental organizations
Coastal Risk Consulting is based in Plantation, FL. We are a distributed team - you can work from anywhere in the United States. However, South Florida location is preferred. Training based in South Florida is required.
Part Time, up to 20 hours/week
To Apply -
Please email your resume and a brief cover letter specifying your availability, with the subject "GIS Analyst/Staff Scientist" to:
Alec Bogdanoff, Ph.D.