Business Development Manager
Coastal Risk Consulting, LLC (CRC), is a Southeast Florida-based, geospatial data and analytics startup. CRC is the only provider of online, Software as a Service (SaaS), comprehensive, coastal climate impact assessments to individuals, businesses and governments in the US and internationally. We began business in 2015 with three world-class scientists and university professors, who believed that cloud-based, climate impact risk analysis was required to help a billion coastal residents around the world get climate ready and storm safe. We are now an emerging major player in the climate adaptation tech and climate adaptation consulting industries. Coastal Risk is pioneering a new model for providing effective, relevant, and forward-thinking climate impact risk consulting for its clients. CRC is located in Plantation, FL, which is convenient to all major airport hubs in SE Florida. In 2016, CRC was awarded two, American Business Awards (“Stevies”), Silver for the Best Business Services Start-Up and Bronze in the Best Tech Start-Up category.
The Business Development Manager (“BDM”) is responsible for leading business development efforts at Coastal Risk Consulting (CRC). The BDM should have some familiarity or experience with the startup culture. Compensation is usually a combination of salary and stock options. The BDM is expected to utilize his/her network of contacts, professional organizations, and partner knowledge to develop relationships, identify opportunities within targeted companies, and position CRC to compete for business in identified vertical markets. BDM will attend conferences, travel to trade shows and meetings, and work closely with partners in various vertical markets to keep a steady pipeline of potential business.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Targets key business executives, government managers, and partners to share the business value of CRC. Identify potential clients and build solid partnerships. Select opportunities to utilize CRC’s subject matter experts for sales opportunities.
- Articulates and interacts effectively with C-suite executives and key managers with a high degree of confidence.
- Researches sales target organizations through internal and external sources.
- Effectively represents CRC at professional networking events and regional and national conferences.
- Identifies needs of businesses and governments for CRC’s technology value and services.
- Delivers CRC’s message to business executives in order to develop interest into opportunities.
- Builds and maintains a strong business network.
- Manages existing sales pipeline. Forges relationships with "cold” accounts.
- Works with marketing staff in the developing and response of RFPs and SOWs.
- Completes all sales status updates, reports and other administrative deliverables.
- Self-initiates business leads for three revenue streams (online, fee-for-service, annual contracts).
- Help management develop new business teaming relationships (Independent Contractors). Maintain contacts and communications with the CRC Independent Contractors.
- Experience: A minimum of two-years or more years of previous and relevant sales experience, preferably in selling online, software solutions to banking, insurance, real estate, government, DOD, A&E firms.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Suite products (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience with CRM and other sales tools.
- Software or solutions-based sales, technology risk consulting sales, or IT sales process.
- Strong technical understanding of sales process cycle.
To Apply -
Please e-mail resume or CV to:
Albert J. Slap
President & CEO